Nassau County Legislator Kevan Abrahams (D-Hempstead) joined the Roosevelt Community Revitalization Group (RCRG) and enjoyed a morning filled with activities at the Roosevelt Farmers’ Market. The RCRG is comprised of community leaders and Sustainable Long Island and was created to promote the community and economic revitalization of Roosevelt. RCRG is working with community residents, municipal leaders, business owners and other interested stakeholders to create real change in Roosevelt. Legislator Abrahams is committed to assisting the RCRG in achieving their goals for Roosevelt and its residents. They are:
• To influence the revitalization of businesses on Nassau Road and Babylon Turnpike
• To obtain a commitment and sincere buy-in from all Roosevelt community leaders
• To work cohesively and collaboratively, solely for the community and economic revitalization of Roosevelt
• To engage in a partnership with the town and the county to advance the revitalization goals
• To shepherd the revitalization process and maintain community input so that all citizens of Roosevelt will have a sustainable future.
• To work cohesively and collaboratively solely for the advancement of revitalization efforts that will benefit the citizens of Roosevelt
Nassau County Legislator Kevan Abrahams (D-Hempstead) is pictured at the Roosevelt Farmers' Market
with David Greaves, President of the John J. Byrne Community Center;
Sara Lansdale, Clara Gillen-Eromosele and Donna Boyce of Sustainable Long Island.